The following services and guidelines have been established for all customers whose projects do not qualify for non-profit status. All commercial rentals will be at the discretion of the TDF Costume Collection. A current Letter of Agreement must be on file with credit card information.
Dry cleaning will be pre-charged at a rate of $6.00 per pound and added to your rental total before costumes can be removed from the TDF Costume Collection. Garments that cannot be bulk dry cleaned will be subject to additional dry cleaning costs, to be assessed at the time of checkout. Such items include, but are not limited to beaded, leather and fur garments.
• WE WILL NOT RENT COSTUMES TO INDIVIDUALS FOR PERSONAL USE
• WE DO NOT RENT COSTUMES FOR HALLOWEEN OR MASQUERADE
• COSTUMES MAY NOT BE RENTED FOR OUTDOOR USE EXCEPT WHERE
AGREED UPON BY COLLECTION STAFF
Pricing for Commercial Contracts:
- Costumes are priced on a 7 day rental period which begins on your first shoot/performance date with prices starting at $120.00 per costume. Special stock costumes begin at a rate of $180.00 per costume
- For shoots lasting more than 7 consecutive days, additional rental periods can be added to your contract in increments of 7 days beginning at a rate of $30.00 per costume for each additional week for regular stock and $60.00 per costume per week for special stock
- You may check out or put costumes on hold up to 3 business days before your first shoot date at no additional cost
- Costumes are due back within 3 calendar days from the final date of your rental period
Commercial Hold Services:
- You may put costumes on hold up to 3 business days before your rental period begins at no additional charge
- If you wish to put items on hold earlier, there is a charge of $1.00 per item per day; 5 day max
- Holds longer than 5 days - please discuss with a member of our staff
- Items left on racks after 5 days will be charged a restock rate of $5.00 per item
- $25.00 per costume fee (3 accessories = ½ costume; 5 accessories = 1 costume)
- Must be returned within 48 hours or will be charged the full rental rate
- MEMO FEES ARE NOT APPLIED TO THE FINAL RENTAL
- If you decide to keep certain items from the memo, the rental will begin at the end of the 48 hr. memo period
Personal Shopping Services:
(Based on availability of staff) If you would like assistance while you are pulling; this service is booked on a first-come first-serve basis. Appointments must be made by calling (212) 989-5855 ext. 212.
- $25.00 for the first hour
- $15.00 for each additional hour up to 4 hours
- Full day rate $125.00
(Based on availability of the staff) If you cannot be at The Collection to pull costumes yourself, our staff can pull costumes based on your criteria and subject to the following fees:
- Pulling service rates are an additional 25% over our regular commercial rental rate per costume.
- Rush Charges of $50.00 per costume if less than 48 hr. notice
- $2.00 per photo for up to 25 photos. After that, a flat fee will be negotiated.
- Minimum charge: $10.00