Need help increasing attendance by people with hearing loss? That's where NYSCA/TDF TAP Plus Program comes in, with grants designed to add open captioning services to events that are being made available to the public in New York State.
TDF has partnered with the New York State Council on the Arts (NYSCA) for TAP Plus. Any institution that currently receives NYSCA funding is eligible for the program. Since the program began in 2000, TDF has received the majority of applications from organizations in New York County (Manhattan). NYSCA/TDF TAP Plus strongly encourages applications from other regions of the state.
2016 TAP Plus Recipients
NEW YORK COUNTY:
- New York Live Arts, Inc.
- Playwrights Horizons
- Second Stage Theatre
- Signature Theatre
- Spanish Theatre Repertory Company
- The Public Theater
- Theatre Breaking Through Barriers
- Transport Group Theatre Company
UPSTATE NEW YORK:
- Bristol Valley Theater, Ontario County
- JCC of Greater Rochester, Monroe County
- Syracuse Stage, Onondaga County
- The Open Eye Theatre, Delaware County
- WMHT Educational Telecommunications, Rensselaer County
How To Apply
The 2017 NYSCA/TDF TAP Plus grant application is now closed.
The 2018 NYSCA/TDF TAP Plus grant application will be available late August 2017/early September 2017.
For more information, email TDF with your questions.
TDF's TAP Plus program is made possible in part by the New York State Council on the Arts with the support of Governor Andrew Cuomo and the New York State Legislature.