Important information when shows are closed
If a theatre cancels its performance, an automatic refund check will be mailed or online purchases will be credited to your credit card. TDF members may request a refund in writing on your purchase up to 48 hours prior to the performance date.
If there is a citywide emergency and a patron is unable to attend a performance that has NOT been cancelled, it is up to the ticket holder to contact the theatre directly and request that they past-date your tickets. Past-dating tickets is at the discretion of the theatre's management. On a day you CAN attend, and only on that day (these requests cannot be made in advance), call the number provided and ask if they have a past-date policy. If they do, ask if they can accommodate you for that performance. Please bear in mind that each theatre has its own procedures and policies and past-dating is not guaranteed.
If your show is at:
1. City Center, please call 212.581.1212
2. The American Airlines or Laura Pels Theatres, please call 212.719.1300
3. A Nederlander Theatre, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. This includes shows at the Brooks Atkinson, Gershwin, Lunt-Fontaine, Marquis, Minskoff, Nederlander, Palace and Richard Rodgers Theatres.
4. A Jujamcyn Theatre, please use the form at https://www.jujamcyn.com/help. This includes shows at the Eugene O'Neill, Al Hirschfeld, St. James, August Wilson and Walter Kerr Theatres.
5. A Shubert Theatre, please call Telecharge customer service at 212.239.6210 or 800.543.4835. This includes shows at the Ambassador, Belasco, Jacobs, Booth, Broadhurst, Broadway, Cort, Barrymore, Schoenfeld, Imperial, Golden, Longacre, Lyceum, Majestic, Music Box, Shubert, Winter Garden, Vivian Beaumont and Mitzi Newhouse Theatres.6. The Lyric Theatre, please call 212.556.4750 and press 0.
If you are holding tickets to an Off-Broadway show or other event, you should contact the theatre directly.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation.