ABOUT THE POSITION
Reporting to the Director of Development and supported by a grant writer/researcher, the Manager, Institutional Giving will oversee and implement all aspects of foundation, government and corporate giving. The Manager, Institutional Giving will manage a 50+ portfolio of institutional donors, six-figure gifts, and/or multi-year funding agreements.
The successful candidate will be in experienced in institutional giving and enjoy working on a team positioning itself for growth. Experience in performing arts, education or accessibility is required.
• Develop and implement strategies to maintain current institutional supporters and secure new funding from foundations, corporations, and government agencies on the federal, state and local levels.
• Work with staff and trustees to identify prospects.
• Research prospects and conduct discovery meetings.
• Write compelling LOIs, cover letters, grant proposals, reports and acknowledgements.
• Oversee cultivation and stewardship of institutional funders, ensuring grant terms are fulfilled and deadlines met, schedule and attend program and donor events
• Maintain up-to-date records in CRM system
• Prepare and monitor institutional revenue budgets
• Minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible development experience, including experience in institutional giving
• Experience in New York City institutional giving managing a 50+ portfolio of institutional donors desirable
• Experience working with a Board of Trustees
• A passion for performing arts, education and/or accessibility
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Facility with numbers, a working knowledge of accounting and finance
• Ability to manage multiple projects with strong attention to detail
• Excellent time management and organizational skills and ability to work under deadline
• Takes initiative, flexible and a team player
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
• Raiser’s Edge or Tessitura experience preferred
Salary will be commensurate with experience and an excellent benefits package is offered.
Please email a cover letter, resume and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org
TDF is committed to diversity in all its forms, and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.