About Theatre Development Fund
Theatre Development Fund (TDF) was founded in 1968 with the conviction that the live theatrical arts afford a unique expression of the human condition that must be sustained and nurtured. Through programs and services that promote access, education and conversation, TDF aims to construct an enduring appreciation of, and engagement with, live theatre and dance. During its forty-eight year history, TDF has provided more than eighty million people of all ages and backgrounds with access to Broadway, Off-Broadway, Off-Off Broadway and professional dance performances at affordable prices.
TDF is committed to diversity in all its forms, and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
When positions become available, they will be listed here.
Thank you for your interest in working at Theatre Development Fund.
Position: TAP Coordinator
Category: Administrative, Full Time through June 30, 2017
Department: TDF Accessibility Programs (TAP), Theatre Development Fund
Start Date: February 27, 2017
Reports to: Director of TDF Accessibility Programs
Provide administrative support for programs within the TAP department (www.tdf.org/tap):
- Help with details for the newly formed TDF Access for NYC Theatre
- Provide support for TAP’s ATI Dance Initiative and AYA Connect expansions
- Liaison between TAP and Marketing/Technology to disseminate program information
- Monitor scheduling and deadlines for TAP’s national partnerships and state grant recipients
- Create contact sheets for TAP performances, union LOAs, contracts for service providers
- Submit department check requests, invoices for payment
- Design Playbill inserts for accessible performances
- Build email marketing blasts for TAP programs
- Maintain online resource information for program services
- Assist with customer service, membership, ticketing
Skills and Qualifications:
Excellent phone manner and people skills; strong attention to detail and consistency in written material and website copy; experience with people who have disabilities and event planning; facility with processing ticket orders, scheduling, organizing and problem solving. Basic HTML knowledge, computer proficiency that includes InDesign, Photoshop, Excel, Mailchimp, and Outlook are a plus. A Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Hours: 35 hour work week, typically Monday – Friday 10 AM to 6 PM but including some night and weekend work
Location: Theatre Development Fund, 520 Eighth Avenue, Suite 801, New York, NY 10018
How to Apply: Interested candidates should send in PDF format a cover letter and resume, via e-mail, to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. References may be requested.
No phone calls, please.
TDF is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).